Monday, 7 January 2013

I need to stop typing 2012 because 2013 is promising to be such a beautiful year. I will always remember 2012 because that was the year I married my Hungry Hubby and he surprised me with the most fantastic honeymoon ever. So with that in mind, what will 2013 bring?

Well for starters brilliantly packed lunches by yours truly, Mrs Undomesticated!


Hungry Hubby is having a chicken salad sandwich with a bit of a twist. As we are eating more healthy (at the moment) I have replaced half of the (already light) mayonnaise with fat free cottage cheese.

For first snack we have low fat yoghurt with grapes, raspberries, blackberries & blueberries. Second snack we have sour cream & chive dip with carrots.



I'm having the same (just less) but with Hummus instead of sour cream and chive dip. For those interested, my whole lunch box (including the pro-biotic yoghurt) totals 10 WeightWatchers ProPoints


Healthy Chicken Salad Sandwich 



• 2 chicken breast
• 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
• 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
• 1 celery stalk
• 2 spring onions, green part only
• handful wild rocket
• salt & pepper
• 6 slices bread, large slices, whole wheat
• low fat spread

1. Slice the celery and spring onion. Shred the wild rocket finely.

2. Mix the cottage cheese and mayonnaise. Shred the chicken breasts and mix with mayonnaise.

3. Spread some bread slices with low fat spread, divide mixture evenly between 3 slices, top with remaining 3 slices.

4. Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts