Lunch box: Monday, 21 January 2013

We had a braai (South African barbecue) over the weekend and I made Hungry Hubby's favourite "braai-sandwich" (we South Africans love our bread so much we even toast it on the braai). Usually it's cheese and tomato. If you want to do it a little bit fancier you add onions (they turn amazingly sweet when slowly roasted over a low fire) but I followed Hungry Hubby's suggestion: making the Jalapeño Popper Sandwich and it was a huge success!



Unfortunately for Hungry Hubby, he decided to leave me and go to the cricket instead! By the time he got back there was only half a sandwich left from 18 sandwiches (we were only 12 people) serves him right!



But after feeling bad (and listening to him complain all day Sunday) I caved and made him some of those Jalapeño Popper Sandwiches for lunch. This time I used plain old white bread and emmental cheese instead of ciabatta and mozzarella. 



To accompany his sandwiches Hungry Hubby is also having a selection of fruit: red grapes, raspberries, blueberries and cherries.he's also having some cucumber sticks with spicy dip. And as his little treat for the day is 2 Peanut Butter Cheesecake Cake Balls

I'm having a business lunch so no lunch for me... There goes my WeightWatchers points for the week....

Comments

Popular Posts