Lunch box: Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Cheese fingers were on my mind... What am I talking about? I have bread and cheese. One or two other things but mainly bread and cheese. So toasted cheese was on the menu for lunch but how boring can that be! So I added a twist. Okay a couple of twists: toasted ham and cheese fingers!


With the Toasted Ham and Cheese Fingers Hungry Hubby is having hotdogs and carrots. For fruit we are having green grapes, cherries and raspberries. Mine is different in two ways (as always) in that I'm having some more of the exquisite Hot Smoked Norwegian Salmon instead of hotdogs and my toasted fingers are made from croissant instead of hotdogs buns.


My lunch box is heavy but I need the carbs but I need the energy. So my two croissants are 16 ProPoints (but one is for breakfast at least) and the salmon is 5 ProPoints.

Toasted Ham and Cheese Fingers:

• 4 hotdog buns
• 4 slices Gouda cheese
• 6 slices shaved ham
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard

1. Slice the hotdog buns open and spread with cheese, ham and mustard.

2. Toast until crispy and the cheese melted.

3. Cool down and slice each bun into two long fingers.

For mine I used 2 croissants with 3 slices cheese and 4 slices ham and 1 tsp mustard, toasted and cut into 4 fingers.

Each hotdog bun cut into 2 fingers are 5 WeightWatchers ProPoints and each croissant cut into 4 fingers are 8 WeightWatchers ProPoints each.

Comments

Popular Posts