It's Halloween in the USA. South Africa is getting on board with spooky sweets and cute outfits etc available from most shops. I just wish it would be even bigger here. I would be the first one to dress up and walk the streets! But lets stick with lunchbox goodies. Here is a throwback recipe I forgot to share.
What do you need:
- Kit Kats, chilled
- White chocolate, melted and dyed green
- Black or brown gel icing
- Rolo chocolates
- Candy "eyes"
- Twizzler Black Licorice Twists, cut into thin slices
- Brush white chocolate on top third of a Kit Kat.
- Press a Rolo into the chocolate on top of the Kit Kat. If the chocolate has set, use icing or additional chocolate to get it to stick.
- Press two candy "eyes" into the white chocolate for the eyes.
- To create the stitch above on the cheek, use black gel icing to draw a horizontal line and drag a toothpick through the line to create a stitch effect.
- Press a thin slice of licorice into the white chocolate for the mouth. If needed, use icing to get it to stick.
- Press two small slices of licorice into the side of the Kit Kat to create the bolts.