Have you ever wished that you could have another option for breakfast at the office? I mean who has time to have breakfast at home? I leave home at 06h00 every morning and I don't have the time, or inclination, to do anything other than get dressed and get in the car for my commute to Town. And at the office you are restricted to cereal or instant oats. I did this as part of the Cohen Diet but lose the cracker bread or replace it with some low carb bread and you have a hot and filling lunch in seconds!
You can do plain scrambled eggs, or add some cheese or even add some veggies like I've done here. I used Rosa tomatoes, onion and green pepper chopped into small bits. Some leftover roast veggies, chopped finely or even a combination of cream cheese (I love Laughing Cow or even Kiri) and grated cheese works like a treat. I really do wish I knew about this before. The last 15 years would have been so much different!
What you need:
- 1-2 eggs
- 1tsp milk or cream
- add-ins: tomato, green pepper, cheese etc.
- salt and pepper
What to do:
- Get a microwave safe bowl, one with a flat bottom if you can but it doesn't really matter.
- Add the eggs and milk or cream to the bowl and whisk well.
- At this stage you can add everything in but you can also add it at the end if you want crisp veggies.
- Microwave at High for 1 minute or until the edges start to bubble.
- Remove and using a fork stir it.
- If you haven't added your goodies, do so now.
- Return to the microwave and continue cooking on High for 30 second intervals and removing it to stir with a fork between each time until it is cooked a little less than your liking.
- Remove from the microwave and let it stand for a few minutes.
- Season with some salt and pepper and stir again.
- Grap some toast or crackerbread and enjoy!
Notes: The eggs continue to cook as it stands so remove it just before its is cooked all the way through other wise you will have rubbery eggs.
These eggs were so good that I have even used this method at home when the Little One wants scrambled eggs on short notice!.
What is you favourite add-ins?