Lunch box: Friday, 25 January 2013

Hungry Hubby isn't getting a lunch box! No don't worry, he's not being punished for some indiscretion or another. He is merely attending a lunch meeting Friday and a conference of some such thing on Monday.


 But I am having a great lunch box (Hungry Hubby will be so jealous!) I wanted a serious sandwich and we still had some leftover steak for last nights dinner so I'm having a steak, avo and cheese sandwich on crushed wheat. For my fruit portion I'm having some beautiful plums, gooseberries and green grapes. I've also included some of the yellow and purple carrots. The yellow carrots are really good, the have this interesting taste, almost minty that I really love.

For breakfast I added a Bran and Raisin Muffin {4 WeightWatchers ProPoints}

The sandwich is 11 WeightWatchers ProPoints.


The Steak, Avocado and Cheese sandwich:

• 2 slices crushed wheat bread
• 40g thinly sliced beef steak, cooked
• 1 slice Gouda cheese
• 1/2 to 1/3 medium avocado
• lemon juice
• salt and pepper



1. Slice the avocado and coat in some fresh lemon juice to ensure it doesn't discolour. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Top with steak slices, then cheese slice and cover with remaining bread.

3. Toast until the bread is crispy and the cheese is melted.



Comments

Popular Posts