Coconut, Blueberry and Macadamia Baked Oats




It's time for a decent breakfast and I always go back to my Caramel Baked Oats but I decided to go back to the original recipe that inspired me from Family Fresh Cooking. I've made some changes, added some crunch and I suggest you add or substitute according to your own personal tastes? Make a big batch, put it in the fridge and enjoy it the whole week (if it lasts that long!).


Serves 8


• 1 1/2 cup oats (not the quick cooking kind)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2 cups light coconut milk
• 3 cups lite (2%) milk
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup desiccated coconut flakes
• 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
• 100g macadamia nuts, chopped

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Pour the oats, salt, baking powder, milk and coconut milk in the bowl. Whisk lightly.

3. Add the coconut flakes, blueberries and nuts last. Cover with foil otherwise the top browns too quickly.

4. Bake for 1 hour. The oats will still be slightly runny, but will get firmer as it cools down.

I love having straight away but it really is best eaten the next day, heated with some milk and some fresh blueberries. I also added some of my Blueberry Compote (At the bottom of the post).


{8 WeightWatchers ProPoints per serving}

Comments

Popular Posts