Lunchbox: Monday, 25 February 2013
You want to know what we have for supper when no one went shopping? Tuna and sweet corn pasta that's what. Everything is already in your cupboard. So that's also what we are having lunch as the bread's too stale to use and the only spread I have is jam.
So we are having exotic fruit salad (meaning mango, nectarine and grapes) some left over pizza from Col'cacchia (my favourite the Moghul with butter chicken, crispy onions and coriander, a really good pizza) and the Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta.
I'm having the exact same for a change except I only get the tiny points from the pizza wedges (the best part of any pizza anyway).
Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta
1 packet white sauce or 2 cups homemade white sauce
1 cup cheese, grated
2 cans tuna drained
1 can creamed Sweetcorn
Salt and pepper
1/2 packet of pasta (about 2 cups)
1. Boil a pot of water and add the pasta. Cook according to packet instructions.
2. Heat the white sauce (or prepare your homemade white sauce).
3. Add the tuna and stir after each tin is added
4. Add the sweetcorn, stir well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the cheese and stir through until melted.
6. Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and stir through.
Enjoy with extra grated cheese, chopped spring onions or chopped fresh parsley.