Lunch box: Monday, 4 February 2013

The French has it right: there is nothing to compare to a beautiful piece of fresh bread. Now I must be french because I cannot walk past a piece of bread without sneaking a bite. It doesn't have to an artisan bread but it has to be fresh. The standard white bread I bought from Woolworth's Sunday afternoon was so fresh it must have just been removed from the oven. Suffice it to say half the bread was missing by dinner time (shame on me).




When bread is this fresh I love making it simple: ham, cheese and mustard between two slices of white fluffy heaven.

With the slice of heaven Hungry Hubby is also having fresh prunes, green grapes and hummus with carrots and Rosa tomatoes.


I'm also having this beautiful purple mush for breakfast:



Comments

Popular Posts