What do I eat at work if I don't have lunch?

There are somedays where I just couldn't be bothered to pack a lunch. Some times neither Hungry Hubby or I get lunch, some times I pack only for Hungry Hubby (because I don't particularly feel like eating whatever I ended up packing, you know that feeling?)

Well I usually end up not eating anything, having loads of cappuccinos and get home starving late afternoon to eat what ever is in the fridge (or chocolates, chips, etc.) But some time I just need something greasy to fill me up until the next consultation. We have this small Muslim shop on the Loop Street in Cape Town called Mountain View that makes the most amazing Chicken Marsala and Chips Toasted Sandwich.

It is a combination of chicken breast cooked with marsala spices, tomato, lettuce, mayo and french fries (or as they are known here "slap chips" - they have a softer texture, not as crunchy as normal fries and perfect on this sandwich). Marsala is and indian spice mixture giving the sandwich an small spicy kick. The sandwich is then toasted in a sandwich press.

Not healthy by ANY means necessary but it soo hits the spot when you have nothing to eat and you're starving. [This should also be a brilliant hangover cure!]

Comments

Popular Posts