Herb and Cheese Tuna Mayonnaise

I didn't want to make just an ordinary tuna mayo sandwich so I played around with adding herbs.


My inspiration was taken from a sour cream and basil pesto pasta salad of mine. So I wanted to just add pesto to the tuna and mayo but didn't feel like doing that as I felt it might not look that appealing and be  a bit over powering for the tuna.


So I added a combination of fresh herbs instead. As I opened the refrigerator door I saw some fresh Parmesan cheese and decided to give it a try. We ended up having a real flavourful combination brilliant enough to turn any ordinary tuna mayo sandwich into something amazing.

Ingredients:
bunch of coriander leaves
bunch of chives
bunch of Italian parsley
2 cans tuna
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese
1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

1. Chop the fresh herbs finely.

2. Add chopped herbs with the tuna, mayonnaise, cottage cheese and mix well.

3. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.  


Comments

Popular Posts