The Next Two Weeks

For the next 2 weeks I will be either working late or I will be away from home and my lunch box preparation will be sporadic to say the least. So not to leave you hanging, I will be sharing some recipes or restaurant reviews with you throughout the week and some other titbits.

The Diet Disaster Experiment will be put into effect from 10 December 2012 so you will have some more time to vote until 7 December 2012.

What will we be doing this holiday (if the world doesn't end 12-12-12)? I've already mentioned my cravings for fresh cherries, which we pick in Ceres but there are some good things happening around the Western Cape:

8 to 17 December 2012

One I see over and over is the "Summer in Stellenbosch Valley" which offer market (my personal addiction), braais and entertainment especially the Asara's Pure Food Christmas Market on 17 December (www.wineroute.co.za 021-886-8275)Or see here

30 November to 2 December

 What more do you need than a glass of bubbly - how about a whole festival dedicated to the art of the drink! There will be "Local Cap Classique producers, and their French counterparts from the Champagne region in France, will present their best bubblies over three fun-filled, festive days in a grand marquee situated on the manicured lawns surrounding Franschhoek’s famous Huguenot Monument."

For more details see here



What are you doing this holiday? Any festivals, events or markets? Let us know about them too!

Comments

Popular Posts