Christmas presents 2012

My Christmas Presents this year represented two things that absolutely fascinate me: France & gadgets.


There is this cute little shop in Tygervalley (right across from the new Cotton On shop, I forget the name) that sells so many out of the ordinary things there. They have beautiful cake stands, candle holders, etc and right at the back there the baking wares. I saw these macaroon sheets and thought they were amazing for ensuring that each macaroon comes out perfectly. Wasn't I amazed to find out they do a whole macaroon set! It includes everything except the ingredients to help you make amazing macaroons. Even a beautiful recipe book!


Now as soon as the shops open I'm going to get ground almonds and egg whites (Woolworth's sell them in cartons, already separated from the yolks in the refrigerator aisle) and ten the biggest decision is what flavour will I try first. My favourite was pistachio so maybe I'll try that one first.


My second gift was a Zoku ice cream maker that makes ice cream in less than 5 minutes! I also got all the accessories: storage case, chocolate station and shapes (for making face shapes using cutters and apple slices. It really is easy to use, it makes 3 ice cream at a time and there's no cleaning afterwards! I already made a coconut ice cream using milk, coconut milk, sugar and desiccated coconut. I can't wait to add a white chocolate shell with the chocolate station. All I need now is coconut oil. Anyone know where I can get some other than the wellness warehouse?

What did you get for Christmas?

Comments

Popular Posts