COHEN DIET: Coffee Ricotta Cheesecakes
This is for when you need something sweet even though you are on the Cohen Diet. Though with me quiting sugar, this ended up being too sweet! I added ground espresso granules as well to get a big coffee kick but you can leave it out. This will replace a cheese meal so have a salad first then enjoy some cheesecake afterwards!
makes 1 medium cheesecake or 3 small versions (as in the photo).
- 2 provitas
- lemonade (sugar free)
- 100g ricotta
- ¼ -½ cup cold coffee
- 2 sweeteners
- 1 tbsp coffee granules (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Crush the provitas until fine. Wet with a little sprite and press into moulds. Refrigerate while mixing the ricotta.
- Whisk ricotta until smooth with no lumps.
- Add enough coffee to make a smooth mousse like consistency. Add the coffee granules and sweetener.
- Mix well until everything is smooth.
- Spoon on top of the provitas.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!