COHEN DIET: Beef/Ostrich Mince Curry | Lunchbox: 17 June 2014
Thank goodness for curry. I would not be able to do this if I could not have curry. I do miss my Lamb Korma with garlic and cheese naan though.... but I digress. I also had cottage cheese and cucmbers for breakfast (cucumbers I added after the photo was taken) with some basil pesto. I also had some juicy mango, wich was a surprise treat as the fruit was sweet enough to satisfy my sweet cravings. I know I should eat fruit while I am resetting my sugar-clock but I need my vitamins! I only eat 1 or 2 fruits a day so as not to overdo it.
I have discovered the joy of ostrich mince. It is extra low fat and tasty while behaving just like beef. I mad a double batch so I would have for lunch as well.
Beef/Ostrich Mince Curry
- 350g mince
- 350g vegetables (I used mushrooms, patty pans, zucchini and red cabbage), diced
- 1 tbls curry powder
- 2 tsp mayonaisse
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, spray some olive oil and fry the mushrooms.
- When almost done, add the mince and fry until brown, breaking up the big clumps.
- Add the vegetables and cook further.
- While the mince and vegetables are cooking, prepare the curry sauce: mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and curry powder together until well combined.
- Pour he sauce over the meat mixture and stir well. Add a tablespoon of water, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. If it becomes dry add more water.
- When vegetables are soft and the mince is cooked well, remove from heat and enjoy!