Chicken Penne Pesto Pasta | COHEN DIET: Pesto Chicken and Zucchini Pasta
While I had chicken in a pesto sauce, Hubby had exactly the same but transformed into a pasta! This was so quick, the only thing I had to wait for (which took the longest!) was the pasta. I had it with zucchini 'pasta' and no milk to create a Cohen recipe.
- Chicken breast, cut into strips
- spring onion
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp fresh garlic
- Green beans, diced
- penne pasta
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp milk
- Heat a pot of water and cook penne according to packet instructions.
- Heat a frying pan. Fry the chicken until almost cooked. Add the spring onions, ginger and garlic.
- Add the green beans and stir.
- When the green beans are almost cooked, mix pesto, mayonnaise and milk to form a thick sauce.
- Add sauce to chicken, turn down the heat and simmer until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. If it cooks dry, add more milk.
- Drain the pasta and add to the chicken. Stir well.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese!