COHEN DIET: Basil Pesto


As a child I was never a fan of fresh herbs especially basil and coriander. They tasted too strong for me, but after having basil in Italy on a fresh pizza and coriander in a Thai cooking class, I was hooked. Pesto has become such an important part of my every day life. Hubby and I usually by Princess Pesto as they tend to be the best and freshly made. They also freeze well. For dressing or everyday use I add my mayo as a lot of oil is lacking as well as the creaminess of the cheese and pine nuts. 

Basil Pesto
  • 100g fresh basil
  • Juice of ½ a lemon
  • 30ml vinegar 
  • ½ tsp olive oil
  • Slap and pepper
Blend everything together until smooth. Add more vinegar if the mixture is too dry.


Basil Pesto Salad dressing or dip
  • 1 tsp pesto
  • 1 tsp mayo
  • 1 tsp vinegar
Mix well and enjoy


Comments

Popular Posts