27/06/2014

COHEN DIET | Chicken in Mustard Sauce with Cauliflower Rice


This is definitely my new favourite dinner to have. I made the rice by accident: I intended to make cauliflower mash but was too impatient to wait until it was cooked soft (as the chicken took only 10 minutes!) so I removed it too quickly and when I mashed it I ended up with perfect rice! I was never I mustard fan until we spend a week in Paris for our honeymoon. There everything comes with mustard so I finally developed a taste for it and since you can eat only curry and mustard powder on the Cohen Diet I didn't have much of a choice but to start experimenting.




For best results I marinate my chicken in the sauce for 30 minutes before I cook it.

Serves 1

  • 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 1 tsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1-2 tsp mustard powder
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • 2 tbsp diet sprite
  • ½ a cauliflower head, broken into florets 
  1. Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and garlic powder in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. Place the florets into a steamer and start steaming until it can be pierced with a fork.
  3. Heat a frying pan to medium heat, spray with a little bit of oil.
  4. Add the chicken and cover with a lid for 5 minutes, allowing to steam. If the sauce begins to dry, add some sprite.
  5. When the chicken is almost cooked through, turn the heat up to fry the chicken strips a bit. The sauce will become thick quite quickly so add the sprite. When the sauce reaches a nice consistency, turn the heat off, cover the pan with the lid and make the rice.
  6. To make the rice, remove the florets to a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until it resembles rice. Season with salt.
  7. Serve the chicken on top of the rice and sprinkle with a few snips of spring onion.
  8. Enjoy!
Post a Comment