Lunchbox: Wednesday, 24 July 2013 - Cohen Diet




On doctor's orders I'm still sticking to the Cohen Diet, though not in the small portion prescribed but excluding all carbs and sugar. According to the doctor, Little Emma needs protein daily and will take the necessary energy from my (multiple) storage thereby slowing weight gain and decreasing the chances of complications. Strangely this time around I'm not struggling with the forbidden food so much. Let's just hope this is a continued blessing after Emma arrives!


Today was leftover orange chicken (I made double for last night's dinner) that merely consist of chicken breast cooked in a mixture of:

Orange Chicken

  • 1/2 an orange juices
  • Vinegar
  • Chilli flakes
  • Ginger
  • Coriander
I mix them all, pour over the chicken and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.

Chicken and Apple Salad

  • 1 apple
  • 1 orange chicken breast
  • Mayo
  • Vinegar
  • Sauce left from the cooking
Dice the apple and chicken. Mix all sauce ingredient. Mix with the chicken. Refrigerate until ready to eat.


With the salad I had Provitas and cucumber sticks.

Comments

Popular Posts