Lunchbox: Thursday, 18 July 2013
I have found the perfect gooey toasted cheese sandwich using (and don't judge) processed cheese slices! It melts perfectly in 30 seconds and doesn't become rubbery if you wait too long before you enjoy your sandwich! They also don't make those little strings that tend to burn you if you enjoy your sandwich too quickly (like I usually do!).
This sandwich is my favourite way of enjoying a cheese and tomato sandwich without touching a toasted but enjoying a 30 second nuke in the microwave. My secret ingredient is mayonnaise. I enjoyed this sandwich with a juicy apple and some strawberries.
Cheese and Tomato melted sandwich
- 1 whole wheat bun
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 slices processed cheese
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Cut open the roll and spread both sides with butter.
- Place a slice of cheese on each side.
- Top one slice with tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the other slice with mayonnaise and place on top the first slice.
- Microwave for 30 seconds on high.