Chicken and Roast Vegetable Crustless Quiche
This is essentially a light and cheesy, high protein, no carb quiche, but with the eggs it definitely isn't low fat so enjoy it with a salad. It's equally good served cold in a lunch box.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup roast veggies ( butternut, courgette, etc)
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 medium egg yolks
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 cup low fat smooth cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated extra mature cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ 350ºF.
- Spread the shredded chicken evenly across the bottom of the pie dish.
- Cut the roast veggies into small bites and spread evenly on top of the chicken.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and cottage cheese in a big measuring cup and whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the milk and whisk again.
- Pour over the chicken and veggies. Sprinkle the cheeses over the quiche.
- Place on a tray in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out smooth. Don't over cook it or it will become dry.