Bacon, mushroom quiche
A quick and easy WeightWatchers inspired quiche that takes only 15 minutes to prepare. Don't bake it too long or it will become dry.
- 150g bacon medallions
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 rosa tomatoes
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup grated mature cheddar
1. Chop the onions, bacon and mushrooms. Fry in a little olive oil until golden.
2. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted through. Allow to cool.
3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add the cooled bacon mixture and cheese (reserve 1/4 cup cheese). Mix well.
4. Pour into a prepared quiche dish. Cut the tomatoes in half. Spread the tomatoes evenly on top. Top with reserved cheese.
5. Bake in a preheated oven of 180degrees Celcius for 20-25 minutes until set. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.