The Cupcake Garden




It's been a long time since I've had cupcakes this good! Fresh, light, crumbly....perfect! On a whim while at the Cape Garden Centre at Joostebergvlakte, I walked past this cute little shop and decided: it's Easter, let's get something other than chocolate bunnies. So in I walked at The Cupcake Garden and bought 6 chocolate cupcakes and 9 red velvet cupcakes.



Okay, so one confession, the red velvet is so light and fluffy that I seriously doubt that it is made with bicarbonate of soda, vinegar and buttermilk (such as the traditional recipe requires) but rather just vanilla sponge tinted red. But I can with all certainty say: who cares! Red velvet has always been my favourite flavour, even having it as our wedding cake and this still is some of the best I've ever tasted!


The cream cheese frosting was devine and I'm not even talking about the chocolate! A beautiful sponge with thick chocolaty icing.....I had three before we got home! Going to their website to see their decorations I was more than pleasantly surprised. Usually if the cupcakes are good then the decorations are lacking or the other way around. How many times have I bought a cupcake, beautifully decorated, looking absolutely delicious only to be dissapointed in the first bite? 




Well, never again that I can promise you. From weddings, batchelorette parties, kitchen teas, work functions, baby showers, holidays and kids parties, you'll find something you love. They only have a few favours for the actual cupcakes (vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, carrot and capachinno) but they do a brilliant filling (8 to choose from ranging from caramel to lemon meringue) and 5 different icings to top it all off.




Now all that's left is to find the next party so I can order me some delicious cupcakes asap!

(All photos from the Cupcake Garden's Website

Comments

Popular Posts