Lunch box: Tuesday, 5 March 2013

All good intentions go out the window when you are busy. My lovely lunch box returned half eaten. I had no time for my yoghurt and fruit and ate my beautiful roll with tomato, red onion and cheese within 5 minutes in between meetings! So I have simplified the lunch box:


Another of these beautifully soft white rolls (new from Woolworth's and definitely a new favourite) with butter (the real stuff not margarine, a recent discovery) with cheese and homemade tomato jam (my childhood favourite made by my mother-in-law, Louana who is an absolute whizz in the kitchen). A plain and maybe boring sandwich, but quick to eat with nothing that can spill, drip or smear. 


I've added some nectarines and red grapes but because I tend not to eat them when I'm in a rush and because I tend to skip breakfast, I will start to follow Hungry Hubby's example and make a fruit smoothie with my 100ml fat free yoghurt and cup of fruit every morning. I will add some milk to make it drinkable but I draw the line at adding oats. I like my oats cooked with a teaspoon of sugar and a dollop of butter thank you very much! Hmmmm....oats....I can probably make a batch in the evening for Wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts