Coconut & White Chocolate Banana Bread


Anyone who has been reading the blog for a while must have picked up that I'm kinda in love with coconut. I put it in just about everything so I thought why not add it to my banana bread? Then I decided to add white chocolate chips instead of the normal milk chocolate. With all of that I thought maybe I should use whole wheat flour instead of white and removed the sugar so it's just a little bit healthier.


The bananas must be very ripe, too mushy to eat, otherwise it wouldn't be sweet enough and the missing sugar will be noticed.

• 3 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/4 cup oil
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cups whole wheat spelt flour
• 3 eggs, lighly beaten
• 1 cup white chocolate chips

1. Add the banana, oil and eggs into a big bowl and lightly stir. 

2. Sift the flour and baking soda on top of the banana mixture. Add salt, sugar and chocolate chips. Mix until just incorporated but do not over mix!

3. Bake in a preheated oven of 180•C for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts