Curry Sloppy Joes
For today's wet wheater I have the perfect solution: curry sloppy joes! This little recipe takes less than 20 minues to make and you can enjoy it on rice, mashed potatoes, fluffy white roll or between 2 slices of bread. It's also great for the lunch box as it tastes just as great cold.
500g extra lean mince
1 medium red onion
100g brown mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
2 packets Ina Paarman's Tikka Curry
1/4 - 1/2 cup chutney
Sal & pepper
4 slices white bread
This makes enough for 8 sandwiches so freeze some of it for later to enjoy as supper.
1. Dice the red onion and slice the mushrooms. In a hot pan add 1 tbsp oil oil and fry the onion first. When almost brown add the mushrooms. Stir 5 minutes then add the mince. Brown while stirring and remaking up the big bits with a wooden spoon.
2. When the mince is cooked add the 2 packets sauce, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen peas and simmer again for 5 minutes or until the peas are done.
4. Spread the 4 slices bread with butter.
5. Add the chutney to the mince to sweeten the curry to your taste. Spoon on top of two slices bread and sandwich it with the other two slices.
Enjoy immediately or cool down the mince before placing it on the sandwiches and place in the lunch box.