Honey and Mustard Pork Chops with Onions and Mash
Lunches these days seems to consist more and more of leftovers. This has two advantages as it saves a lit of time and money as no additional food or preparation is required. This recipe works really well.
• olive oil
• 3-4 pork chops
• 2 white onions, sliced
• 2 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp chopped sage
• potato mash
[I made my mash with sour cream, milk, butter and garlic]
1. Brown the pork chops in some olive oil on both sides until nice and brown. Remove from pan and rest.
2. Add some more oil if necessary and add the onions. Fry them until brown and caramelised.
3. Add the honey, mustard and sage leaves and stir well until all the honey and mustard is incorporated.
4. Simmer until a thick sauce forms. If it becomes too thick add some water or vinegar.
5. Place the pork chops on top, closed the lid a simmer until the pork chops are done.
Enjoy on top of some mash and steamed broccoli with only some salt and pepper for seasoning as supper.