Homemade Minestrone Soup with Steak

I am having homemade minestrone soup. Okay so I call it minestrone but only because it is tomato based and includes pasta and veggies. I used leftover fillet steak and roast veggies from last nights dinner making life really easy.
 



How do you like my three little monsters checking out my soup? They are so cute. If you hit them they make different noises including an evil laugh. Anyway. With my soup I'm having the last of my beautiful babs with some butter, burger sauce and some sliced fillet.

 


What I like about the soup is that it really is a matter of throwing everything in a big saucepan and boil for a couple of minutes. Here is the recipe:

Homemade Minestrone Soup



• 1 can ratatouille tomatoes
• 1 can pinto beans
• 1 small can tomato purée
• 4 cups roasted vegetables
• 2 cups uncooked spiral pastas
• 1 cup cooked steak
• pinch of dried chives
• pinch of ginger
• salt & pepper

1. Rinse the beans well and add to the saucepan. Add the can of tomatoes (you can use regular peeled and crushed tomatoes) and tomato purée. Add 4 cans of water to the saucepan. 

2. Put on the heat to start to boil. Add the pasta and roasted veggies. Add the chives and ginger.

3. Slice the steak very thinly. Boil for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for another 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked through. In the soup I like the pasta to be quite soft.

4. Add the steak and heat through. Season with salt & pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts