Smoked Chicken, Avocado and Mango Tortilla Fold-over
How easy can it be? Well if you are me, then probably pretty hard as I am (despite your thoughts to the contrary) quite inept when it comes to cooking. Take these fold overs. They should be easy but no, I have either too much stuffing or too little cheese or too much cheese that bubbles out and burns before the insides are nice and hot or when I try to flip it over everything falls out and so it goes (usually with a burn or two later).
Then I discovered an easy way to cheat the perfect fold over. You finish it in the microwave! Then everything is hot and bubbly! But to get the crunchy tortilla you do need to start on the stove top.
- 1 tortilla
- 1/2 a smoked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced mango
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 5 thick slices mozzarella
- 1 tsp red pepper pesto
- Place the tortilla in a cold non stick pan.
- Spread the red pepper pesto on the tortilla.
- Layer the sliced mozzarella on top, shredded into pieces by hand.
- Layer the chicken, green pepper, avocado and mango on top.
- Place the pan on high heat and cook until tortilla is crispy and browned.
- Transfer the tortilla onto a plate and heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals until mozzarella is bubbly.
- Fold tortilla over, cut in half and enjoy.