COHEN DIET: Chicken Mango Salad with Basil Salad Dressing



Can you believe it, I'm actually going strong with a diet? Well, don't believe everything you read. I am following it with one eye closed but I am getting better at it. I just have to make sure I'm not at home whenever I get hungry because then I will eat anything that crosses my path! This salad however is so good that I can have it everyday. I've moved away from coriander a bit and am loving basil at the moment. It's funny how one 'discover' new tastes all the time. Try this one and maybe you'll discover something new that you like as well.
  • 1/2 - 1 cup diced chicken
  • 1/2 cup green pepper sliced
  • 1 cup salad leaves
  • 1/2 cup diced mango
Mix it all together in a bowl and top with dressing.

Basil Mayo Salad dressing

  • 1 tsp mayo
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tsp finely chopped basil
  • 1/2 tsp sweetener 
Whisk everything in a small bowl. Pour over the salad.


If you are not on a diet then an even easier option is using basil pesto instead of the fresh basil and sweetener.

I used smoked chicken instead that is home smoked. If you buy smoked chicken ensure that you buy those without any sugar. 111g raw chicken equals 100g smoked chicken.



Comments

Popular Posts