COHEN DIET: Chicken and Mango Stew/Salad




It is that time of the year again where I try to healthy and loose some weight before summer starts. And the only way I know how is with the Cohen Diet. It is a low carb low fat diet but so strict that I don't last very long when I do follow it but is highly successful when I do! The idea is to do the Cohen and then to switch to a low carb high fat diet thereafter. With it being winter I really wasn't in the mood for a cold salad so I thought why not do a warm salad instead? And the chicken salad was delicious. This, together with my chicken-in-mustard-sauce, are my two favourite recipes and will be using them a lot. If you are following this diet as well, please share some ideas - we can never have enough!





  • 250g chicken cubes
  • 100g mango
  • 50g green pepper strips
  • 50g butter lettuce
  • 20g mushroom
  • 1 tsp mayo
  • 1 tbsp vinegar (I used balsamic as I didn't have any other)
  1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 360ºF.
  2. Place the mushroom on a roasting tin and spray with spray-and-cook.
  3. Roast until cooked and golden. Set aside
  4. In a frying pan, spray with spray-and-cook and pan fry the chicken pieces.
  5. When brown add the green pepper and ½ of diced mango.
  6. Fry until brown and the chicken is cooked, add the mayo, vinegar and pesto and simmer until the sauce is thick and gooey.
  7. Lunch box: cool down chicken and mushroom and add to a lunch box with lettuce and other ½ of the diced mango (separately).
  8. To eat now: Place the lettuce on a plate. Top with chicken mixture, fresh mango and quartered mushrooms.

I added my lettuce in a bag so it won't get squashed or wilt.


Comments

Popular Posts