Home Made Beef Meatballs
There are so many things to watch out for when you have a toddler: sugar, salt, excess white four etc.
I thought I had a handle on the sugar and was rather proud of myself for always adding a meatball or chicken nugget to Little Em's lunch box for proper protein. Until I realised the amount of salt in each one! So I decided to make my own and really, they are so easy.
- 500g lean mince
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 slices white bread
- ½ cup full cream milk
- 1 egg
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbls chutney
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 360ºF. Spray a pan with spray and cook.
- Soak the 2 slices of bread in the milk for 5 minutes.
- Break up the mince with a wooden spoon in a big bowl.
- Add the bread and egg and mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. At this stage I use my hands as they are best.
- Form the mixture into small even sized balls and place into the pan.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through (depending on size). I f they brown too quickly cover with foil.
I added these with the quick marshmallow cookies and french toast fingers.