Chicken, Beetroot, Avocado and Raspberry Salad

I have said it before, sometimes salad is the only way to go for a quick and easy lunchbox and here I use the same method I used for the Curry Chicken, Blueberry and Cashew Nut Salad by mixing everything in the lunchbox container to save on mess.


I love using leftovers and I always have bits and pieces in the fridge as Little Em only eats a mouthful here and there. A salad is the summer version of a stew: you get to take all the bits and bobs and add it into a salad! For this salad I used 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken, ½ a cup cooked beetroot, ¼ avocado chopped into pieces and fresh raspberries, about ½ a cup.


The salad dressing is just 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixed with 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar. If you want more sauce or more creamy sauce add 1 tablespoon of full fat plain yoghurt. Always, always place the leaves on top and be sure to transport the container in an upright container. This ensures fresh and crispy salad leaves, even if not refrigerated!




Everyone needs snacks and as I neglected the crunch factor in the salad, I made double sure to get crunch in my snacks. Here I have individual portions of raw, cashew nuts, wasabi coated peanuts (you have to eat them slowly or you will burn your sinuses to pieces!) and fresh, bright orange baby carrots.


Beacuse I know myself and my terrible eating habits, I only take a small container of nuts to work as I will eat the whole bag if I have access to it!



Comments

Popular Posts