COHEN DIET Margarita Pizza
These really are so quick and easy to make and you need no more than 4 ingredients and 15 minutes of your precious time. And who doesn't love the combination of mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil? I added the tomatoes on top of the cheese and basil to ensure the crackerbread doesn't get soggy from the tomato juices.
What is also very surprising about these little morsels is, even though they are great straight from the oven, they are just as nice cooled completely and added to the lunch box. Just ensure that when you cool the pizzas on a grid like you see above, otherwise they get soggy and they don't taste nice. I also sometimes add them to the oven on the grid to ensure they stay crisp.
What you need:
- 1 tomato sliced
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 crackerbread crackers
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the crackers in an oven safe dish.
- Add the cheese in an even layer.
- Place 2 leaves on top of each cracker.
- Top each with 2 slices tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted to your liking.