Cheesy Baked Salmon
I have to confess, I'm not a big fish eater. I don't know why but since I was a child I just couldn't handle the smell or the texture of raw fish and I hate having to spit out little fish bones while I'm eating. I have since learned that fresh fish don't smell like fish but the ocean and that I still have to stay away from Sushi. But Salmon is one of those that I have earned to respect if not love.
Making it with a cheese sauce might make me change my mind! And just to add this is low carb as I didn't use any flour!
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- ¼ cup milk (as needed)
- 1 tbsp pesto
- salt and pepper
- 4 salmon fish fillets
- ¼ cup grated cheese (extra)
- On the stove top add the mascarpone and grated cheese and stir on even heat until the cheese is melted. If it is too gooey add some milk.
- Add the pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in a roasting tin.
- Top the salmon with the cheese sauce and sprinkle the ¼ cup grated cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180ºC for 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
We had some steamed broccoli to go with it.