Cheesy Baked Salmon



I have to confess, I'm not a big fish eater. I don't know why but since I was a child I just couldn't handle the smell or the texture of raw fish and I hate having to spit out little fish bones while I'm eating. I have since learned that fresh fish don't smell like fish but the ocean and that I still have to stay away from Sushi. But Salmon is one of those that I have earned to respect if not love.

Making it with a cheese sauce might make me change my mind! And just to add this is low carb as I didn't use any flour!

  • 1 cup mascarpone cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated cheddar
  • ¼ cup milk (as needed)
  • 1 tbsp pesto
  • salt and pepper
  • 4 salmon fish fillets
  • ¼ cup grated cheese (extra)
  1. On the stove top add the mascarpone and grated cheese and stir on even heat until the cheese is melted. If it is too gooey add some milk.
  2. Add the pesto and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Place the salmon in a roasting tin.
  4. Top the salmon with the cheese sauce and sprinkle the ¼ cup grated cheese on top.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven of 180ÂșC for 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
  6. Enjoy! 
We had some steamed broccoli to go with it.

Comments

Popular Posts