Lunch box: Tuesday, 20 August 2013

As you would have notice, there was no lunch box for yesterday. I had full intentions of preparing one the evening but was so tired I decided to do it in the morning, but then it took me ages to wake up! So in the end I had my trusty Chicken Quiche and Salad. So for today's lunch I made it while making supper so there would be no excuse.

What is in the lunch box? A tomato, basil and cheese sandwich, multi-coloured carrots, roasted red pepper hummus, Kiri cheeses and big juicy strawberries.

I love a cheese and tomato sandwich but it's always so difficult as the bread can go soggy. That's why I use multigrain bread. But on white bread you really don't need anything extra, the cheese and tomato combo shines through but on dense bread it's the bread itself that's very overpowering. So I added some mayo and basil leaves with thick slices of cheese and tomato to have a 2:1 ratio of bread to filling. 

Classic and quick. Just the way I like it.

Comments

Popular Posts