Quick and Easy Biscuits
The Little One loves to 'bake'. In other words loves to make a big mess in the kitchen! But because she is only 2, I always end up having to do the baking so she can ice the cupcakes or cookies. Sometimes she even looses interest halfway in the middle of icing the cookies which means I then have to finish the job.
Now I am not always in the mood to bake and having all the ingredients aren't always possible either. And that's what makes these cookies so fantastic! To make the cookies themselves you need marshmallows and Marie Biscuits or any biscuits you buy at the shop!
You can adjust the filling according to your likes: half a marshmallow will give you a thin filling like above, a full marshmallow will give double the filling like below. I like half the filling as you also add icing to the top and don't want these too sweet.
What do you need:
- 1 packet biscuits (use Marie Biscuits, Tennis Biscuits or any thin biscuit you buy at the shop)
- 1 packet marshmallows
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp milk (more if needed)
- decorations (We used smarties and sprinkles)
What to do:
- Cut the marshmallow in half and place on top of 2 biscuits. Repeat until 1/2 the packet of biscuits are used.
- Place 4 on a place (more and the marshmallows would cool too quickly).
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds until the marshmallow puffs up.
- Remove quickly and press another biscuit on top until it is even.
- Repeat the process with the other biscuits.
To make the icing:
- Mic the icing sugar and cocoa powder with the butter until smooth.
- Add the milk to reach a spreadable consistency. Not too much as you want the icing to make a 'crust'.
- Spread on a biscuit and decorate as you wish.