Plain Old Toasted Cheese
Confort foods are one of the staples of any "under-the-weather" household and mine is no exception. With myself, Hubby and Baby sick, I wanted somting conforting and delicious. I had a cheese craving so I decided to make a cheese sandwich. Not the most healthy of choices, but always good. The only issue was that I wanted it to be hot and gooey and crispy. So not just a normal sandwich.
Usually we just make either toast with cheese on top and microwave it for a bit to ensure the cheese melts but the toast can go soggy. I decided to go old school. Do a toasted sandwich. In a pan! And all I can say is: why haven't I done this before?! I added my own little twists and absolutly loved it. My new go-to comforter.
What do you need:
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (sweet or otherwise)
- 2 tsp butter
What to do:
- Spread the cream cheese on one slice of bread.
- Top with chilli sacue and grated cheese.
- Place other slice bread on top. Butter both outsides of bread.
- Place in a heated pan and fry for a few minutes until golden and crispy.
- Turn over and fry a few more until cheese is melted.