Steak and veggies for dinner really isn't bad diet food but what makes it great is a decent sauce to go with it. I usually have a creamy peppercorn or mushroom sauce but as cream is of the menu I decided that a mushroom sauce would be easier to adapt. By using brown mushrooms you get a better "mushroom" taste without the addition of too much fat.
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 tsp mayo
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the mushrooms into thin even slices (1/2 or 1/4 of your allowance)
- Fry in a non stick pan over high heat until browned.
- Mix the mayo and vinegar together and add to the mushrooms.
- Fry for another minute or two and serve.