LOW CARB | Jalapeno and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Hubby has been in charged of making the lunches today and obviously he has caught on to a valuable lesson throughout the years: use left overs! So he made extra chicken and popped them in the lunchboxes! These were really yummy. We are trying to be healthy but nothing stops you from wrapping the breasts in bacon before baking! These chicken breast would also be lovely with a big plate of carbonara pasta...
What do you need:
- Chicken breasts
- Cream Cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mozzarella, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180 degrees C).
- Make a slit in the side of each chicken breast ensuring not to cut all the way through.
- Chopped (and deseed if necessary) the jalapenos.
- Mix them with the cream cheese, mozzarella and sweet chilli sauce.
- Fill each pocket with about 1 TBSP of filling.
- Secure the opening with a couple of toothpicks.
- Place on a prepared baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Enjoy with potato mash or gem squash as in the picture!
A quick and easy recipe with little mess in the lunch box. Thank you Hubby!