COHEN DIET: Beef And Mushroom Curry

I had another curry craving and found the most wonderful selection of curry mixes from Woolworth's. They had Rogan Josh to Butter Chicken and I just couldn't resist. So here is my 15 minute curry.



For best results I marinate my beef in the sauce for 30 minutes before I cook it. This also works great with chicken. Instead of the mushrooms you can enjoy this with my quick cauliflower rice.

Serves 1

  • 1 chicken breast or steak, cut into strips
  • 1 tsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1-2 tsp curry powder
  • ½ tsp turmeric powder
  • 2 tbsp diet sprite
  • 1 cup mushrooms, sliced. 
  1. Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, curry and turmeric powder in a bowl until smooth. Pour over the beef or chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional).
  2. Heat a frying pan to medium heat, spray with a little bit of oil.
  3. Fry the mushrooms until browned.
  4. Add the beef or chicken and fry for a minute until brown. Add the Sprite and cover with a lid for 5 minutes, allowing to steam. If the sauce begins to dry, add some more sprite.
  5. Steam until the meat is cooked but not dry.
  6. Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts