Linguine Carbonara


I love pasta even if pasta doesn't love me (it does love my hips though...) and the easiest recipe that I know is Carbonara. It's even easier than macaroni and cheese or spaghetti Bolognese. So I thought I would share my version of this creamy dish.


1 packet linguine pasta
500g brown mushrooms
2 packets back bacon
1 onion
1 tub low fat cream cheese
250ml cream
1 cup milk or pasta water reserved
1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Pepper


1. Bring a big pot of water with lost of salt to boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile chop the bacon into its and add to a pan to fry until cooked and brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Chop the onion and mushrooms and add to the hot pan. Fry until the mixture is browned and cooked.
4. Pour the pasta into a strainer and reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
5. In the big pasta pot add the cream cheese, milk and cheese and stir until melted.
6. Add the bacon, mushrooms and onion to the cheese mixture and season well with salt.
7. Add the pasta and stir through. Add some milk or water to get a loose creamy consistency.
8. Top with more Parmesan and enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts