Low Carb Pizza

 


I had such a big pizza craving that I just couldn't handle it any more. I had a pizza premix but as I was struggling to roll it out (it was like concrete) I just lost it and threw it in the bin. I was hungry and I really did not feel like doing anything complicated!
 
 


And then I remembered this easy recipe! It took 2 minutes to make the base and then just waiting for it to crisp up before adding my toppings! I would however suggest using a proper non-stick baking mat or baking paper and flipping it over to bake the other side as well. I didn't do that and it was still really crispy - the only issue was it got stuck!

Truthfully my pizza craving was for a "proper pizza" not a low carb cardboard version. So while making this pizza, I wasn't expecting what I expected. I was pleasantly surprised and Hubby loved it despite the fact that he isn't following the low carb lifestyle!

What you need:

  • 4 eggs
  • 400ml grated cheese
Yip you read right - only 2 ingredients and it works with any cheese! Even gooey mozzarella!
What to do:

  • mix the ingredients well on a well oiled baking tray
  • bake in a preheated hot oven until crisp and it starts to brown
  • remove and add your toppings!
Note: I would suggest using baking paper or a special baking mat. My baking tray has seen better days so the cheese got a bit stuck which made slicing etc. very difficult.




Now for the toppings. I had a can of crushed tomatoes in the fridge so I added 2 tablespoons of it on top and spread it with the back of a spoon. It gives a fresh tomato taste instead of the overly concentrate taste you get if you use tomato paste.




I then added 7 slices of salami on top and on top of that I added sliced green peppers and de-piped olives. I also used a spring onion which I sliced thinly spread over the top. Add whatever you have in the fridge! Time to use those leftovers. If you don't have a can of tomatoes or don't want to open one especially then use tomato paste or even some pesto in it's place.




I included a bout a half cup of fresh coriander, which a just tore into pieces and I topped everything with mozzarella cheese. I baked it in the preheated oven until the cheese was melted and bubbly. Just like that we had dinner done!




Then I added my sliced avocado, some more fresh herbs and lost of pepper. I didn't add any salt as the cheese and salami already gives a lot of salt. You can bake the pizza with your avocado already included but I hate a hot avo!




As it was really filling I only had 2 slices but Hubby polished the rest. It really took less time than ordering a pizza in. And I had the added benefit of staying on track. Another craving busted with a low carb replacement that didn't taste like cardboard!



Go and give it a try!

Comments

Popular Posts