Perfect for Spring Day in South Africa! How about we forget that bikini season is a mere 4 months away and enjoy some delicious cheesecake?
We have a lot of parties here at the Office. Birthdays, Farewells, Baby Showers and sometimes for Charity. Aziza (one of our members and also the local dessert queen) usually makes a wonderful and easy cheesecake that she brings to our gatherings. The picture on the left (I couldn't take a picture of the whole tray because it was almost finished by the time I got there!). The one on the right is her milk tart squares. I haven't been able to pry this recipe from her but you can use this recipe as it cuts well and taste amazing.
What I love about this recipe is that it is a no-bake recipe and it looks so elegant. This really is the perfect dessert for parties where your guest will think you slaved all day. The easiness of this recipe will be our well guarded secret!
What you need:Base:
- 1 packet Tennis Biscuits
- Tablespoon Butter (melted)
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 1 tub Fresh Cream
- 1 tub Plain Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- 15g Gelatin (dissolved in 100ml Hot Water)
- different colours jelly (red is used in the picture and green matches well but use whatever is according to your tastes)
What to do:
- Crush the biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into a shallow dish to form the base.
- Chill in the fridge while making the filling.
- Whip the fresh cream until almost whipped.
- Add the condensed milk and cream cheese and mix through.
- Add lemon juice and mix again.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Add to rest of the cream cheese mixture and mix thoroughly
- Pour mixture over chilled biscuit base and set in the fridge overnight.
- Make a packet of strawberry or lemon or greengage jelly, but use 1 cup hot water and ½ cup cold water.
- Wait until completely cooled and pour gently over set cheesecake.
- Put back in fridge again until set.
Pour a tin of passion fruit pulp over your set cheesecake before serving.
You can layer sliced fresh strawberries and place on set cheesecake and then pour over the runny jelly. Set in fridge.
Do the same with pineapple and lemon jelly or use kiwi and greengage jelly.