I miss chocolate. I miss it so much. Not to mention cakes and brownies. I have been attending a lot of parties lately and really would love to just stand in front of the cakestand and shovel as much goodies into my mouth as I can handle! But I am also attending a wedding in September and we are celebrating Christmas in Bali this year and would love to wear a swimsuit (a bikini even?) by then.
Currently I still have about 10kg of baby fat but as my Mom says, I can't call it that anymore because the Little One isn't a baby anymore. Toddler fat? Anyhow. This recipe allows you to enjoy some treats while following the low carb lifestyle. It is sweet so you only need a little bit and I made it with some chocolate peanut butter icing and we ate it like birthday cake. The Little One even had sprinkles. For grown-sups I added grated dark choclate. This is a nice moist brownie and the nuts add to it but can be left out.
FOR THE BROWNIE:
What you need:
- 200g xylitol or sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g dark chocolate (half a slab)
- 250g butter
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g macadamia nuts (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180F.
- Cream the sugar and eggs until it is light and creamy.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave. Mix until smooth and the chocolate is melted.
- Add vanilla to eggs and mix well. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and whisk.
- Add the flours and baking powder and fold through (sift the flours if they are full of lumps).
- Add the nuts and pour into a prepared baking dish lined with baking paper and buttered.
- Bake in the oven for 25- 30m minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). It will rise but will fall flat again as it cools.
- Decorate and enjoy.
Cream the eggs and sugar until it is pale in colour. Melt butter and chocloate together
Stir chocolate and butter until everything is melted and smooth. Add to the egg mixture.
Mix well then add the flours and baking powder. Fold.
Add the nuts, mix carefully then add to a prepared baking dish and bake.
FOR THE ICING:
I you want to add icing (or frosting or whatever you call it) to the brownies, then try this one. It is not too sweet so it goes really well with the sweetnes of the brownie. It is inspired by my Chocolate Peanut Butter cake.
What you need:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 200g cream cheese (room temprature!)
- 100g coconut cream
What to do:
- Melt the chcolate in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Ad th epeanut butter and warm again for 10 seconds. Mix well. Allow to cool.
- Add the cream cheese and mix well. If it seizes because the cream cheese is too cold, then microwave it for 10 seconds. It may seem like it splits a little but whisk it well.
- Add the coconut cream and whisk again.
- Top the brwonie and enjoy!