Chicken a la King
There are few food I love so much that I would eat it again and again. Bangers and mash being one, curry being another and this Chicken a la King. The only issue is that we have eaten it so many times that Hubby now doesn't want to see it again for a while! So while I might not be able to enjoy it again soon, I decided to share the recipe so you might enjoy it in my stead.
It really is so easy. Only a couple steps and you have an amazing meal. We are lucky enough to have amazing fresh products (despite the food prices increasing so much lately - enjoy it before it is just too expensive!)
So what do you need:
- 500g chicken fillets sliced into cubes or thinner long fillets
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 500g mushrooms sliced
- fresh or frozen peas about 1 cup
- fresh baby carrots about 200g
- 2 packets chicken a la king mix
- prescribed amount of milk (about 400ml per packet)
- 1 big pimento ppper
- fresh parlsey
- Dried pasta cooked according to the packet instructions.
1. Fry the chicken until brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and fry the onion. Remove the onion from the pan and fry the mushrooms (unless your pan is big enough and you can add it all together.
2. Add the pimento pepper, thinly sliced and fry a bit more. Add the chicken and onion back into the pan.
3. Mix the sauce according to the packet instructions with themilk. Slowly add it to the pan.
4. Cook on a high heat while stiring until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn doen the heat and allow to slowly simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. In the meantime cook the pasta and steam the peas and carrots.
5. Add some fresh parlsey and stir through. When done you will add more parsley.
When done plate up the chicken and paste, top with more parsley and black pepper and serve with peas and carrots.