Peri-Peri Chicken on Ciabatta Rolls
I am a huge fan of the local company called Daily Dish that really has changed my dinner time routines to one without stress! As mentioned previously they deliver all the perfectly portioned ingredients together with an easy to follow recipe every Monday and you are sorted for 4 days of every week!
As always I deviated slightly by adding cream cheese in this instance, I just couldn't resist! But the recipes are so quick to make and easy! Here is an example of what we made:
What you need:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 1 garlic glove chopped or grated
- 3g fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp peri-peri spice
- 200g Rosa tomatoes, sliced in half
- 30ml white wine
- 1-2 TBSP cream cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls
What to do:
- Slice the chiken breast in the side to almost all the way through so you can open each breast like a book.
- Brush each breast with some oil.
- Preheat a frying pan and brown the chicken on each side. Carefull not to cook it all the way through!
- Remove from the pan and slice them.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the garlic and rosemary and fry a bit.
- Turn up the heat and add the tomatoes and peri-peri spice and cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the white wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it is melted.
- Meantwhile slice and toast the ciabatta rolls.
- Return the chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- When everything is hot and coated, serve it on hot buttery rolls with a side salad of leaves, cucumber and balsamic vinegar!