Chocolate baked oats.
Yes, yes I know: not another baked oats recipe! There are so many already like this Peanut Butter Baked Oats recipe. But as I have stated on many, many occassions - you can't go wrong on a weekend if you have this bad boy in the fridge! I do however now make them a lot smaller! And I try new combinations every weekend. Sometimes they are a hit with the Little One, sometimes Hubby eats the lot. None is ever wasted.
What you need:
• 1 cup oats (not the quick cooking kind)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 1/2 cup full cream milk
• 1/4 cup chocolate spread
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Pour the oats, salt and baking powder in the bowl. Heat the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds until luke war. Add the chocolate and whisk lightly.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mix well and pour into a preapred dish. Cover with foil otherwise the top browns too quickly.
4. Bake for 1 hour. The oats might still be slightly runny, but will get firmer as it cools down. If it is too runny cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.