COHEN DIET: Chicken Mango and Curry Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce wraps were a surprise hit, letting the chicken mixture marinate overnight meant a decent curry flavour with the lettuce giving it the crunchy texture. Don't thin the mixture too much or it will become watery the next day.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
- ½ a red onion diced
- ½ a green pepper diced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 4 strings chives, chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 50g mango, diced
- Lettuce leaves (I use butter lettuce)
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and curry powder. If not on Cohen add 1 tbsp plain yoghurt or some water if the mixture is too stiff.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Add the green pepper, onions and herbs, mix well.
- Add mango mix for the last time, pour into a bowl and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Serve with lettuce to scoop up the mixture.