Hawaiian Cheese Sliders

As always follow my Instagram account to see daily updates @hungryhubbys_and_family





These are SO good and SO easy that I just had to share this recipe! It's a quick lunch or dinner that everyone can enjoy.




I used 500g chicken sliced up. 1 red pepper and 1 red onion sliced. Fry in a pan until golden. I added 1 tbls coriander pesto but you can add fresh pesto with the pineapple. Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon and stir well.




Add 1/2 to 1 cup diced fresh pineapple and stir until caramelized.




Add 1 cup grated cheese. Put a lid on and allow the cheese to melt. In the meantime, cut 4 hamburger rolls in half (I used whole wheat rolls). Spread some butter on the rolls and place some butter lettuce leaves on the bottom roll.




Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top. If you like things spicy add some Sriracha or chili sauce on top before serving.

What does the Little One eat? Well I take the same ingredients and just deconstruct the slider: I remove some of the cooked chicken before I add all the other ingredients and serve the pineapple, cheese and bun on the side with some extra veggies. Easy and she loved it.




Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts